Rebel Roar

Varsity Field Hockey Undefeated for the First Time in History

The FHS varsity field hockey team has had an undefeated season for the first time in the school’s history. The field hockey team went on a 16-0 winning streak this season. Some of their biggest wins include the game against Battlefield with a win of 9-0 and a game against Yorktown with a win of 7-0.fh2

Now that the in-season games are over, the team will participate in the Liberty Cup, which they have won the past seven years. SInce, the FHS team is undefeated they became the number one seed for the tournament. So, they will play the last seed, Hayfield. Then, with the win of the Liberty Cup, the field hockey team plans on going to the Northern Regional Tournament. They even hope to go onto the finals and winning the regionals.fh

Jenna Nicholson, a sophomore on the varsity team, says, “It feels absolutely incredible, it kind of feels surreal that we have come all this way.” Nicholson said that she feels really honored to be on a team that has made Fairfax High School history. She also stated that she is really excited to move on the Liberty Cup.